What are Digital Robots (RPA)?
Digital Robots, (or Robotic Process Automation/RPA) are a set of tools designed to streamline and improve areas of businesses that can get “bogged down” with repetitive, time-consuming tasks that tie up valuable human resources.
This process uses software often called “Robots” to capture and interpret existing IT applications to allow tasks such as financial transactions, customer and supplier information and communications across multiple IT systems.
A well implemented RPA will not remove the requirement for human interaction altogether but can be programmed to supplement existing staff and free them up to concentrate on areas that will improve your client satisfaction, general efficiency and improve on accuracy of data capture.
Where can Digital Robots Help?
Digital Robots can be used to help automate tasks and processes that are:
- Repetitive and time-consuming: A Digital Robot can handle tasks in the background, allowing staff to concentrate on more productive areas of the business.
- Subject to human input errors: Even the most accurate and attention-detailed individual can have a typo that is easily missed. A Digital Robot works with the data (e.g. an OCR that scans invoices) provided and will not misspell, mis-number or misrepresent the data.
- Rule-based: If you deal with a lot of spreadsheets, or operate an organisation that requires tasks to be generated/completed on fulfillment of certain criteria or events then a Robot could help automate that process.
- Involve various amounts of digital data. A Digital Robot will work with your in-house software and integrate into your existing files and records to help simplify things like manual searches or record allocation. Digital Robots can also aid with report generation, statistics or ensuring that details are sent to staff calendars.
- Have time critical deadlines. If your company or organisation needs to update or keep track of dates for customers to ensure accurate and timely action, then a Digital Robot can help you keep to those deadlines.
- Compiling details and information: If you need to perform a complex mail shot from existing customer data, or generate new leads from web searches, a Digital Robot can perform the time-consuming tasks that you need in quick time. From simply getting customer details from your existing database to getting the final prices from the FT Index every night, a Digital Robot can perform this task with ease.
Not all companies are created equal
We recognise that not every business is identical and that there is no “one size” solution. Our RPA integrations are powerful, customisable and can be programmed to suit your needs. From large company structures with multiple departments to smaller e-commerce sites we can create a solution tailored to you and your business.