What is a Digital Robot / Digital Worker / RPA?
Digital Robots, Digital Workers, (or Robotic Process Automation/RPA) are a set of tools designed to streamline and improve areas of businesses that can get “bogged down” with repetitive, time-consuming tasks that tie up valuable human resources.
Essentially is an automated team member which can be trained to carry out a business process just like any employee does, only faster, without mistakes and can carry out work either on-location or in the cloud.
Businesses globally are now embracing automation to create a digital workforce which is capable of delivering repetitive tasks 24/7 can handle volume. It can increase business efficiently, identify data issues, create sales opportunities and in most cases can generate a Return on Investment with the implementation of a single task.
This process uses software to capture and interpret existing IT applications to allow tasks such as financial transactions, customer and supplier information and communications across multiple IT systems.
A well implemented RPA will not remove the requirement for human interaction altogether but can be programmed to supplement existing staff and free them up to concentrate on areas that will improve your client satisfaction, general efficiency and improve on accuracy of data capture.
Where can Automation help?
Automation is suitable for tasks and processes that are:
- Repetitive and time-consuming: A Digital Worker can handle tasks in the background, allowing staff to concentrate on more productive areas of the business.
- Subject to human input errors: Even the most accurate and attention-detailed individual can have a typo that is easily missed. A Digital Worker works with the data (e.g. an OCR that scans invoices) provided and will not misspell, mis-number or misrepresent the data.
- Rule-based: If you deal with a lot of spreadsheets, or operate an organisation that requires tasks to be generated/completed on fulfillment of certain criteria or events this process could be automated.
- Involve various amounts of digital data. A Digital Worker will work with your in-house software and integrate into your existing files and records to help simplify things like manual searches or record allocation. It can also aid with report generation, statistics or ensuring that details are sent to staff calendars.
- Have time critical deadlines. If your company or organisation needs to update or keep track of dates for customers to ensure accurate and timely action, then a Digital Worker can help you keep to those deadlines.
- Compiling details and information: If you need to perform a complex mail shot from existing customer data, or generate new leads from web searches, then the automation process can perform the time-consuming tasks that you need in quick time. From simply getting customer details from your existing database to getting the final prices from the FT Index every night, a Digital Worker can perform this task with ease.
Not all companies are created equal
We recognise that not every business is identical and that there is no “one size” solution. Our RPA integrations are powerful, customisable and can be programmed to suit your needs. From large company structures with multiple departments to smaller e-commerce sites we can create a solution tailored to you and your business.