New year, new offices
Monday, 29th January 2007 – Swansea Business Post
Award-winning local web design company NetBop Technologies kick-started 2007 with a move to the Swansea West Business Park.
The move is set to establish NetBop as one of Swansea’s leading web development companies. The company has seen tremendous success over the past year, and have recently taken on two new graduates from universities within Wales.
Last year was an exciting year for NetBop, and one which included winning a landmark trademark case for the use of the word Bopspam for the company’s flagship spam filter against US food giants Hormel Foods. The company was also listed as one of the Hot 100 companies in Wales, and managing director Andrew Downie was named as one of the top 25 rising stars of welsh business.
Since its creation NetBop has worked with many local companies dealing with all types of website development, and were delighted to be awarded the contract to work with local firms Garems in Cross Hands to develop their new e-commerce store, which now sells hundreds of product lines online to customers throughout the UK.
Another company that has enjoyed a wider customer base as a result of NetBop establishing their web presence is the West Wales Dive Centre.
The centre’s Craig Flannery said: “By creating a professional looking website for us, NetBop increased the number of divers using our centre, and we have had lots of comments of how informative and easily navigated the site has been. NetBop were great and we recommend them with no hesitation.”
NetBop works with a broad spectrum of companies providing not only web development, but also search engine optimisation, website statistics and online control panels which enable clients to easily alter website content. Clients who use such services include the Serious Fraud Office in London.
Managing director Andrew Downie said: “So many local businesses have ideas about what they would like to achieve online, but don’t know where to go to discuss their ideas and formulate some kind of plan.
“Setting up a website is a daunting experience for anyone, and our approach is designed to make it a painless process from start to finish. I’m certainly looking forward to helping local businesses with their website needs and the challenges 2007 will bring.”
If you would like to discuss any website projects or arrange a meeting, you can contact NetBop on 01792 588 277 or click here to contact
- NetBop continues to invest in Swansea with the purchase of new premises
10th December 2013
- NetBop is delighted to sponsor the Dylan Thomas Prize
8th November 2013
- NetBop acquires Carmarthenshire web business and expands into West Wales
20th August 2013
- Web firm celebrates Investors in People Accreditation in Swansea
21st May 2013
- A spring Marathon fundraiser raised £2700 for Swansea Cancer Charity
23rd April 2013
- NetBop Celebrates its Tenth Anniversary in business!
5th December 2012
- NetBop is delighted to judge the Swansea Bay Young Business Dragons 2012
16th November 2012
- NetBop pledges their support to Entrepreneurship Academy Wales by sponsoring a Student
17th August 2012
- NetBop continues its expansion into High Wycombe and the South East
11th May 2012
- NetBop's Director appointed on the Strategy Board for Swansea Employability Academy
15th March 2012
- Web Company goes for a run
26th September 2011
- NetBop Awarded 'Business of the Month' for July 2011.
11th July 2011
- Welsh web company announces UK expansion
12th May 2011
- Web firm NetBop completes new acquisition (PVM Web Design)
3rd February 2011
- NetBop continues its expansion and appoints a new Web Developer to join the current team
1st December 2010
- NetBop's Director appointed on the board of Swansea Business Improvement District (BID)
18th October 2010
- NetBop supports Knowledge Exchange Wales
31st March 2010
- Swansea company scales new height in customer service
7th January 2010
- NetBop expansion gets new office site
19th October 2009 – South Wales Evening Post
- Expansion’s no gamble for Swansea firm
18th September 2009
- NetBop is awarded Nominet UK membership becoming a .UK accredited registrar and managing domain names directly with the registry
12th August 2009
- NetBop becomes Qualified Google Advertising Professionals with 2 staff members being awarded recognition
2nd July 2009
- NetBop becomes the first company in Swansea to be approved by the Prompt Payment Code an inititive devised by the government with The Institute of Credit Management (ICM)
21st May 2009
- Investors in People
- Member of the Federation of Small Businesses
- Qualified Individual of Google Adwords
- Member of Nominet UK
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Rising Stars
- Web User Gold Award
- British Small Business Champions
- Listed under Wales Hot 100
- We support Bee Carbon Free