Expansion’s no gamble for Swansea firm
Friday, 18th September 2009
A Swansea company is proving that expansion isn’t a gamble – even in these testing economic times.
NetBop Technologies has announced its expansion with the acquisition of Hosting Wales Internet Ltd as well as moving its operations to a prime city centre location.
Company Director, Andrew Downie, said:
"The majority of our customers are based in the South Wales area and so this expansion will give us a larger customer base throughout Wales. I have never been afraid to expand and despite the bleak economic outlook it was a good time for us to take on more clients."
Andrew Downie founded NetBop Technologies seven years ago. The award winning company offers web development and ecommerce. Unlike other web development companies, Andrew has created his own products including Bopspam, which blocks junk e-mails and BopControl, a simple way for businesses to update their websites.
NetBop has hundreds of clients from all sectors including manufacturing, toursim and the public sector. Andrew says they are attracting new clients as companies realise the benefits of website and ecommerce to target and retain customers
"Some businesses may look at cutting back on marketing during a recession but it should be seen as an effective way of creating new business. Our clients actively seek us out for the services that we can provide. We’ve now become accredited registrar with Nominet UK, which means we can register our own domain names. Also two of our staff are Google qualified, so they can advise clients on campaign managment and advertising on Google."
While other sectors may be finding it tough, NetBop Technologies has taken the opportunity to move from it original base in Fforestfach to a prestigious city centre location at the Aspers office complex on Wind Street.
"It is good to be in the city. It is easier for our clients to come to us and staff enjoy taking a break outside thanks to the nearby cafes and shops." Andrew added.
For further details please contact NetBop on 01792 588 277
- Web Development Company completes investment in prime city centre premises
14th May 2014
- NetBop invest in a City Centre commercial premises
10th December 2013
- NetBop is delighted to sponsor the Dylan Thomas Prize
8th November 2013
- NetBop acquires Carmarthenshire web business and expands into West Wales
20th August 2013
- Web firm celebrates Investors in People Accreditation in Swansea
21st May 2013
- A spring Marathon fundraiser raised £2700 for Swansea Cancer Charity
23rd April 2013
- NetBop Celebrates its Tenth Anniversary in business!
5th December 2012
- NetBop is delighted to judge the Swansea Bay Young Business Dragons 2012
16th November 2012
- NetBop pledges their support to Entrepreneurship Academy Wales by sponsoring a Student
17th August 2012
- NetBop continues its expansion into High Wycombe and the South East
11th May 2012
- NetBop's Director appointed on the Strategy Board for Swansea Employability Academy
15th March 2012
- Web Company goes for a run
26th September 2011
- NetBop Awarded 'Business of the Month' for July 2011.
11th July 2011
- Welsh web company announces UK expansion
12th May 2011
- Web firm NetBop completes new acquisition (PVM Web Design)
3rd February 2011
- NetBop continues its expansion and appoints a new Web Developer to join the current team
1st December 2010
- NetBop's Director appointed on the board of Swansea Business Improvement District (BID)
18th October 2010
- NetBop supports Knowledge Exchange Wales
31st March 2010
- Swansea company scales new height in customer service
7th January 2010
- NetBop expansion gets new office site
19th October 2009 – South Wales Evening Post
- Expansion’s no gamble for Swansea firm
18th September 2009
- NetBop is awarded Nominet UK membership becoming a .UK accredited registrar and managing domain names directly with the registry
12th August 2009
- NetBop becomes Qualified Google Advertising Professionals with 2 staff members being awarded recognition
2nd July 2009
- NetBop becomes the first company in Swansea to be approved by the Prompt Payment Code an initiative devised by the government with The Institute of Credit Management (ICM)
21st May 2009
- Investors in People
- Member of the Federation of Small Businesses
- Qualified Individual of Google Adwords
- Member of Nominet UK
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Rising Stars
- Web User Gold Award
- British Small Business Champions
- Listed under Wales Hot 100
- We support Bee Carbon Free